Sunday, October 16, 2011

Visiting Pete and Caroline

As we departed rainy Virginia, we ate a delicious Vietnamese dinner, pho for all. At the airport we were treated to the British Air lounge...more food, though we resisted. Then into our pods. Michael had the aisle and I had one of two center pods. This meant Michael and I got to look at each other. He took great delight in bringing up the privacy barrier between us. My neighbor to to the left faced my direction and it was like sharing a double bed. Quite strange when we were both reclined. The flight seemed quite short.
Our friends picked us up, so traveling has been a breeze.



We have had lovely food and company as well as sunny blue skies. We went on a river walk where the trees were carved into different animals.
















We went to a gallery and drove the country side. Caroline and I went on a bike ride. There is a converted rail line that is a bike/walking path that is wonderful. Caroline master biker was patient and even got a picture of me astride. Apparently I rode 10 miles. Wow!!



we have gotten introduced to great music. I have introduced Caroline to fruit ninja. Below a particularly a beautiful flower.



So tomorrow, we are back to the airport and trying out Thai Air. An 11 hour ride to Bangkok where we change planes and go for 6 more hours and arrive in Perth.

Till then
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Surrey england

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anna and Michael.
    Finally got to your blog. Will follow along.
    Looks like you are off to a good start.
    Saw Rita and Sue yesterday and heard a little about the croupy cough that Cosmo had before you left.
    Bye and keep those blogs coming. Monica

    ReplyDelete