Saturday, November 12, 2011

Perth

Friday, Michael wanted to write, so Pauline and I travelled to Guildford, Swann valley area to see some galleries, and wine taste. We stopped by an old mansion now a venue site, in fact a Scottish wedding was underway complete with bagpiper.








Then we went to Taylor studios.


June Taylor does wood cuts and textiles. I coveted the wood block prints and the fabric. I bought a banksia print shirt, ironically in black and white linen. There is a cafe and outside where you sit,are farm tools etc made into art objects.








We went to several wineries and then sat under the grape arbor and had lunch at Sandelford Winery. I was too busy savoring my lunch to take pictures. Pauline dropped me off and we said our last goodbyes.
Saturday, Michael and I drove to Fremantle. We headed for the Esplanade Hotel. Michael's folks had stayed there during the '83 races and I have been hearing about the place for as long as I have known them. Apparently Michael's dad wandered in to try to book a room and the clerk laughed given the races were going on. A man next to Bud leaned over and offered the use of a set of rooms that his business had rented, but were not using. They loved staying there. It is lovely.





We posed for pictures, bought a hat for bud and had a coffee in the park across the street. In one of the trees was a baby some kind of a bird who was trying to learn to fly.


We visited, the maritime museum,





drove around the harbor,


and had lunch at The View. They were having a function there called Beat on the Balcony. The crowd was really young and with 4 girls to each guy. All the girls were dressed up with 2 and 3 inch heels. The acoustic groups were pretty bad. Because of the function our service was terrible. The people watching was good and we were overlooking the harbor on a lovely sunny day. No worries mate!



-Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Perth

No comments:

Post a Comment