Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Albany day 2

We woke up and went to the local breakfast spot, The bay Merchant.Ono Excellent coffees and great breakfast. No pictures, I guess I had not had my coffee yet. I had Porridge that had grilled bananas and a bit of marscapone in it. Really delicious. Then Michael drove, while I got us lost. We did pass Dog Rock which I did have to take a picture of.


our destination was Frenchmen's Bay, where Whale World is located. On the way we stopped at two natural rock formations, the gap and the bridge. The pictures tell which is which.








Walking along the coast, you come across these little pocket beaches. This one was notable for the 1 tonne boulder that had been washed up there.





From what I understand the water was quite calm, so the blow holes down the beach were quiet. The water in places is a stunning turquoise.


Of course there were flowers along the way. Icicle plants. Ihave them at my house in Rhode Island.


We drove back through Albany and made our way to Emu Point where we had lunch at The Squid Shack. We had snapper and calimari. The seafood was good, but the batter was greasy. Sea breeze in Cervantes wins hands down.


This was clearly a local hang out. There is a marina and fish cleaning station along with the sea rescue offices. The pelicans are quite large here and have white and black markings as compared with our brown ones in the states.





We had a leisurely evening and planned out the rest of our road trip.
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Albany western Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment